In 2002, Hass Machlab started Innovative Software Engineering (ISE) in the basement of his house. From there, the company moved into the University of Iowa’s Technology Innovation Center, and later to the Oakdale Research Park in Coralville. In May 2011, ISE opened an 11,000-square-foot facility in Coralville. Since then, ISE has doubled their workforce and today employs over 60 people.
In January of 2016, ISE officially split into two companies, ISE and ISE Fleet Services. Both companies operate under the same roof and are committed to providing the same quality values and exceptional customer service that originated with ISE.
What We Do
Our business is segmented into three divisions, each focused on an aspect of our company:
- ISE’s Professional Services provides our clients with the complete spectrum of software engineering services to solve their business challenges with the help of ISE’s extensive perspective and experience.
- Innovation Services provides ISE the capability to achieve and sustain short and long-term growth throughout the entire organization. Innovation is achieved at ISE because we view it as a business discipline. Meaning, innovation is managed and executed on utilizing an end-to-end, uniformed process, from insight, to idea generation, to development to marketplace launch. It is this approach that allows ISE to remain focused on enhancing our customer’s experience as they look for technology solutions.
- ISE’s Fleet Services leverages eFleetSuite, ISE’s commercial-grade telematics platform. eFleetSuite, includes robust safety & compliance applications such as electronic driver logs and Driver Vehicle Inspection Reporting applications and is specifically designed to provide an end-to-end safety-focused solution geared toward satisfying the needs of commercial fleet customers and telematics service partners throughout North America.
How We Do It
We employ the Scrum framework for implementing Agile. This allows us to provide a quality product, with the customer involved every step of the way. Daily status meetings keep us focused and on track for timely deliveries. Bi-weekly retrospectives help us evaluate where we are and what we need to improve on to be even better, and demos are provided regularly to make sure we are developing the product you want.
To prove our commitment to enhance collaboration and productivity, nearly every person in the company has done training to become a Certified ScrumMaster® through the Scrum Alliance®. Additionally, several of our team members have received the Agile Coaching and Agile Team Facilitation certifications through the International Consortium for Agile.
What Makes ISE Different?
If you asked our clients (some of the leading companies in a host of industries) we’re confident they’d say that ISE provides three core principles that differentiate us from our competitors:
- We deliver the best customer experience in the industry
- We keep an end-to-end system view to solve complex business problems
- Our engineers are business-minded technology experts
You know what? Don’t take our word for it. See for yourself what some of our valued client partners think about ISE. Most importantly, read about the remarkable results they’ve achieved as an outcome of their relationship with our organization.